GOF tests 2CT;2CL;3SM inconclusive

questions concerning analysis/theory using programs M-SURGE, E-SURGE and U-CARE

GOF tests 2CT;2CL;3SM inconclusive

Postby maggie » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:36 am

Hello,

I'm running some GOF tests in a mark-recapture dataset of bottlenose dolphins. When I runned the tests with the full dataset it turn out as expected with significance for Test3SR (as I have many transients) and, not so expected for Test3SM. To turn this around I left truncated my dataset, eliminating the fist capture of all individuals whitch reduced my dataset considerably (from 300 individuals to 69 and 11 years to 5). When I runned the GOF tests again it only test for transience (Test 3SM), all the other tests were inconclusive. With this, the c^ of the overall test was <1, but I simply don't know if I should be ok with this. The results of the estimates when I runned the truncated dataset in CJS look OK, but with wide CI and a large SE (not very informative). Of course, when I adjust the c^, they get mutch better but I don´t know if in this case I should set c^=1 (as explained in Mark book) and don't adjust at all.
Thanks for the help!
maggie

Re: GOF tests 2CT;2CL;3SM inconclusive

Postby CHOQUET » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:11 am

Hello,
I would have kept the original data set and used a model with two classes of age in survival.
The chat should take into account the non explained part of the overdispersion.
Sincerely,
Rémi
CHOQUET

Return to analysis help