Running Capture from Density

questions concerning anlysis/theory using program DENSITY and R package secr. Focus on spatially-explicit analysis.

Running Capture from Density

Postby GEiris » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:28 am

Hi,
I am currently running Capture from Density to test models of Closed Population estimates for my data. When I run the Tasks, and then press View Output, I am shown an old run. I went to the cout.txt file and checked what was inside from outside the program, I tried deleting the contents, running the analysis again, I even went as far as deleting the program and downloading it again from the web and trying again. Again, the first run was fine, but when I tried to test the fit of the 2nd session, I was shown the results of the 1st run. I checked in the data file, and it is definitely changing appropriately for each session, I get the message of a successful run, but I get an old output! Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Gabriela
GEiris

Re: Running Capture from Density

Postby murray.efford » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Gabriela
There are some rough edges to the Density/Capture interface, but I wasn't aware of this one and can't reproduce it myself. (I assume the results are totally missing, not just appended at the end). I suspect that something in the data causes Capture to abort, and that Density is mistakenly picking up the previous output file. Could you please send an example of a dataset that causes the problem to density.software@otago.ac.nz? It would also be useful to know what operating system you are using, and to have a saved project file so I can see what folders are in use.
Murray
murray.efford

Re: Running Capture from Density

Postby GEiris » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:09 am

Dear Murray,
I managed to sort it out, though I am not exactly sure how. I think it could have been something regarding the placement or link to Capture.exe.
Thanks very much for your support.
Gabriela
GEiris

Return to analysis help