errors in age-dependent survival analysis

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

errors in age-dependent survival analysis

Postby lassche » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:33 am

I tried running a basic age-dependent survival analysis. It consisted of 9611 individuals over a period of 29 one-year timesteps. The individuals were split up into two groups.
Group 1 consisted of individuals first caught as juveniles, in their first year of life. I set their survival and recapture parameters as age-dependent with two age classes.
Group 2 consisted of individuals first caught as adults, in their second year of life or later. I set their survival and recapture parameters to be constant, and to be the same as the second age class from group 1.
All other settings were the default settings for a life-recapture CJS model.

However, when I tried to run this relatively simple model, I got the following error messages (in order):
Error Code: 35 [ ]
Subsystem: DBCMD
Error Subcode: 1050
Function: BLOBROOTGET
CallStack:
MYTOPAPPWIN:RUNMARKF (Line:136)
MYTOPAPPWIN:RUNMARK (Line:2)
APP:START (Line:1155)
START (Line:6)

Error Code: 1 []
Subsystem: BASE
Operation: NULL_ARRAY
Function: ARRAYGET
Argument: 6
Argument Number: 1
CallStack:
MYTOPAPPWIN:RUNMARKF (Line:138)

Error Code: 50 []
Subsystem: VO-CODE
Error Subcode: 5333
Argument Number: 2
MYTOPAPPWIN:RUNMARKF (Line:138)

The first two error messages allow me to ignore them, but the third only allows me to abort. Does anyone know what I can do about this problem?
lassche

Re: errors in age-dependent survival analysis

Postby lassche » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:24 am

Update: My internship supervisor had a look at the model as well and clicked around a bit. Turns out that if I run the model with a Logit link instead of the default Sin link, the error doesn't occur and the model works just fine. Not quite sure why this is, but I'm just happy to have it running.
lassche

Return to software problems/news