MARK not responding when trying to run a model

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program MARK

MARK not responding when trying to run a model

Postby hodgeae10 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi all, I'm new to MARK and using it for an animal populations class. I've downloaded the newest version of MARK (9) but it's still not working properly. The program opens and looks fine, I enter a few simple parameters, but when I hit run current model- I get the wheel of death and the "not responding" message at the top.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running as administrator, running on windows 8 mode but still no luck. I have a Toshiba Satellite P75-A7100 with a solid state drive, Windows 10 version 1903, over 600 GB of free space on the computer. I don't know.
Is MARK not compatible with the new windows 10 version? My lab mate has the exact same computer but a slightly older windows 10 (1809) and MARK works fine for him doing the exact same homework as I'm trying to do. Please help! Thank you.
hodgeae10

Re: MARK not responding when trying to run a model

Postby cooch » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:07 pm

Works fine on any version of Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7...

My guess is there is something else on your computer not letting it run. The solution that might work is to run MARK in comptability mode. Read the following thread, especially last few entries:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3039&p=11405&hilit=compatability+mode#p11405
cooch

Postby hodgeae10 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:34 pm

That worked!! Thanks so much cooch. It's still a bit worrying that it doesn't work normally with my Windows 10. But whatever it works! Thanks again.
hodgeae10

Postby cooch » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:06 pm

Windows 10 is full of 'issues' (ask anyone who has had their machine completely lock them out after an 'upgrade'), so the fact that anything runs at all is a good thing (and the fact that some things run on some machines, and not others, doesn't surprise me much at this point).

Glad the solution 'worked'.
cooch

Return to software problems/news