Two-species, multi-season problem

announcements (new versions, changes, bugs, installation problems...) related to program PRESENCE

Two-species, multi-season problem

Postby elinborg » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:17 am

Hi
I'm having problems opening the two-species, multi-season analysis. I've managed once but when I turned Presence off and opend it again I couldn't, have tried several times but alway the same. The problem is that when I click run->Analysis: two-species, multi-season the window for two-species, single season opens.

Another thing. When I managed to open the multi-sesaon analysis, I had problem when I added the seasonal effect. It went like on the photo (should be able to get bigger picture by clicking on it)

d6 was 0 all the way down, except for this one time. What you can see on the picture is the only thing that changed. I'm using 2 years with 34 day time period for the first one and 31 for the second. I guess d6 is supposed to be 1 for the first 34 parameters/species and 0 for the last 31, or vise versa, right?

And since I'm writing. This is probably not a huge problem but under the Occupancy tab the parameters names are gamAB, gamAb and gamBA instead of psiA, psiB and phi. Then under the colonization tab all the parameters are named pA[number] but I guess are supposed to be gamAB, gamAb, gamBA and gamBa. Don't think it's affecting anything though.

Thanks
Elínborg
elinborg

Re: Two-species, multi-season problem

Postby elinborg » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:16 am

Sorry, it seems to be that because I used two-species, single season before it reopens that window instead of the one I want. I tried to open other Analysis windows but does not always work, just reopens the one I used before. Some bug going on.

I still have though the problem with the seasonal effect and the parameter names, I descriped before, are still incorrect :)
elinborg

Postby jhines » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:25 am

Hi Elinborg,

I've corrected the problem with the seasonal effects for the multi-season-two-species model. Please download the newest version of Presence and let me know if the other problem shows up.

Jim
jhines

Postby elinborg » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:30 am

Thank you very much for that. It seem to work now. Look like this (photo) when I change to seasonal effect. But I'm a beginner at this so I could be wrong.

Still have the problem though when opening different analysis windows. Works fine with some of them but as you can see on the photo the name of the Design matrix says Single-season model although it's not. Sometimes it reopens the analysis window I opend before. But with patience I get the one I want.
Thanks again
Elínborg
elinborg

Postby jhines » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:14 am

It looks like I forgot to change the title in the design matrix window, but that shouldn't affect anything in running the model. I also need to fix the way it remembers the last model run. To make sure it brings up the correct model, use the 'Run' menu instead of the button.

Jim
jhines

Return to software problems/news